Tips for Healthy Holiday Living
The holidays can be a tough time to stay healthy. The cold weather, stress of visiting family and food just sitting there waiting to be eaten can make it tough even when you’re careful.
That said, like anything else, all it takes is a little planning and discipline to make it through pretty easily. Here are some things you should keep in mind:
- Bring healthier foods to your tailgate. Seasoned chicken and a good chili can be healthier options when cooking for the game.
- Get a good night’s rest as sleeping plays a central role in healthy living.
- Contrary to popular belief, quitting smoking will actually not cause you to gain weight.
- Get a flu shot. There’s no excuse when it’s so easy to get one. This simple precaution can save you weeks of sick time.
- Don’t attend feasts on an empty stomach. Make sure you’re not starving come Christmas dinner. Having a balanced meal beforehand will control your appetite and prevent overeating.
- Warm up with coffee. If not taken in excess, a nice cup of coffee will not only keep you awake, it can also keep your brain alert and improve your mood.
The holidays are a time to enjoy the company of your family and friends, but with these simple tips, you can keep your health in good spirits, too.